Canadians for Tax Fairness is seeking a Communications Coordinator who will have primary responsibility for media relations, social media outreach, website development and popular education and campaign resource production. The Communications Coordinator will also share in public education, fundraising and administrative work with the Executive Director.
As part of a two-staff team based in Ottawa, and working in a collaborative environment under the supervision of the Canadians for Tax Fairness Executive Director, the Communications Coordinator will have responsibility for:
- Media relations including developing and implementing a strategic communications plan to promote tax fairness. This will involve writing and distributing media releases, letters to the editor, opinion articles, blogs, etc. and maintaining media lists and doing phoning and other follow-up with journalists. The job will also include tracking and reporting on media coverage to the board.
- Website and social media including managing and maintaining the taxfairness.ca website and Facebook and Twitter social media sites, writing content, developing strategies to increase sign-ons and social media and e-action engagement and assisting with the production and distribution of e-newsletter.
- Popular education and campaign resources including producing and promoting popular education and campaign resources.
- Administrative tasks including managing the CiviCRM database, assisting with fundraising and sharing in other administrative tasks with Executive Director as necessary.
- Experience working in communications, media relations and/or as a journalist.
- Experience working on social justice advocacy campaigns.
- Superior writing and copy-editing skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate in clear, accessible style.
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to produce results in a fast-paced environment and on tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated skills in designing website and print resources and using graphic design, database and online communications tools.
- University degree in Social Sciences, Communications, Journalism or Economics preferred.
- Self-initiating, flexible and able to succeed in a non-hierarchical, collaborative environment.
- Commitment to goals of Canadians for Tax Fairness.
- Fluency in English is essential. Fluency in French would be an asset.
Compensation: This is a four day a week position pro-rated on annual salary of $55,000 plus benefits (Extended health plan and 4% of salary contribution to RRSP.)
Terms: There will be a three month probationary period.
Application Deadline: May 29, 2017 Resumes will be accepted electronically in plain text, Word or PDF format at the following e-mail address: email@example.com Please specify "Communications Coordinator Job Posting" in the subject line. For more information on Canadians for Tax Fairness see our web site at: www.taxfairness.ca