Canadians for Tax Fairness is seeking a Communications Coordinator who will have primary responsibility for media relations, social media outreach, website development and popular education and campaign resource production.
The Communications Coordinator will also share in public education, fundraising and administrative work with the Executive Director. As part of a three-staff team based in Ottawa and Toronto, and working in a collaborative environment under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Communications Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Media relations including developing and implementing a strategic communications plan to promote Canadians for Tax Fairness program areas. This will involve writing and distributing media releases, letters to the editor, opinion articles, newsletters, blogs, etc., maintaining media lists, contacting, relationship building and follow-up with journalists. The job will also include tracking and reporting on media coverage to the board.
- Website and social media including managing and maintaining the taxfairness.ca website and Facebook and Twitter social media sites, writing content, creating simple infographics, developing strategies to increase social media and e-action exposure and engagement, and assisting with the production and distribution of e-newsletters.
- Preparation, editing, production and promotion of reports, program updates, presentations, popular education and campaign material.
- Administrative tasks including managing the CiviCRM database, assisting with fundraising and sharing in other administrative tasks with Executive Director as necessary.
- Experience working in communications, media relations and/or as a journalist.
- Experience working on advocacy campaigns.
- Experience working within non-profit organizations.
- Proven writing ability and copy-editing skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate in clear, accessible style.
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to produce results on tight deadlines.
- Skills in website and graphic design.
- Experience with CRM software and email marketing.
- Fundraising campaign experience an asset.
- University degree in Journalism, Communications, Social Sciences, Economics or related preferred.
- Self-initiating, flexible and able to succeed in a non-hierarchical, collaborative environment.
- Commitment to goals of Canadians for Tax Fairness.
- Fluency in English is essential. Fluency in French would be an asset.
Skills and Experience required:
Compensation: This will be initially a four-day a week position pro-rated on annual full-time salary of $60,000 ($48,000 at 80% time) plus health benefits, with the possibility of becoming full-time.
Terms: There will be a three-month probationary period.
Location: The office of Canadians for Tax Fairness is located in Ottawa; proximity to it is a definite asset.
Application Deadline: November 3, 2018
Resumes will be accepted electronically in plain text, Word or PDF format at the following e-mail address: email@example.com Please specify "Communications Coordinator Job Posting" in the subject line.